Event Terms and Conditions
Refund Policy/Cancellation of Event/Rain Date
With many racing events, there are considerable funds spent out of pocket on securing the venue, paying for staff, as well as set up, promotion, and other costs. For these reasons, there shall be no refunds for event registration fees including but not limited to driver registration. There shall be no refunds for spectators. Refunds may, in limited circumstances, but issued prior to the scheduled event taking place at the sole discretion of the NRU and said refund may not be the whole of the amount paid to register or spectate, but may be a portion thereof in light of costs associated with setup of the event until the date upon which the refund is issued, which will mean that the event has been canceled. Please ensure to check your email, our website, and terms and conditions regularly as you may receive notices about the event which can change the schedule of the event, date of the event, or any other item in the event itinerary at the discretion of NRU.
If due to inclement weather, the event is not able to proceed as scheduled, a Rain Date will be set up and the spectators may attend at the Rain Date. A rain date will be declared in the discretion of NRU, and in consultation with the owner of the track and abutting area. It may be that the event scheduled on the Rain Date is not the same as the event which was scheduled to occur, but for the inclement weather, did not occur. This is out of the control of NRU and due to the fact that registrants in the prior date are not able to attend the rain date. NRU also reserves the right to cancel the Rain Date at its sole discretion. The spectator purchases this ticket with this in mind. We further reserve the right to cancel the event solely at the discretion of NRU and purchaser understands
All registrants and spectators must ensure their own safety when either racing, spectating, or in and around the driving area and must maintain a proper distance at all material times. All drivers are responsible for themselves, any injuries or death caused by them, any damage to property or losses sustained whether to themselves or to a third party. For this reason, and more, it is important and imperative that drivers ensure to have appropriate equipment to ensure driver safety at all material times. An inspection of the vehicle shall be conducted prior to entry, and a registrant may be denied entry if they fail inspection, and said registrant shall not be provided a refund in the case of a denial of entry. The inspection is in no way shape or form a warranty as to safety or an express or implied assertion that the driver and or vehicle is safe to operate said vehicle with the inspected items. Again, all drivers are liable at all times for any injury, death, loss, or any other claim made by a party and shall indemnify NRU against any and all claims made against NRU if NRU is made party to the claim caused in whole or in party by the driver/registrant. Drivers/Registrants/spectators must adhere to all safety protocols, rules, regulations, and written, as posted on the date of the event, and as further directed, by track owner.
Ticket is valid only for the event and seat for which it was issued. Admission may be declined upon a refund for the purchase price of the ticket. Unauthorized or unlawful resale may result in seizure and cancellation without any reimbursement. Tickets obtained in an unauthorized manner may be stolen or counterfeit and may be invalid for entry. Recording and transmitting any report, picture or reproduction of the event to which this ticket is issued is unauthorized. In the event of any live recorded transmission or reproduction of the event the holder grants permission to the event producers to utilize holder’s image or likeness. Ticket is non transferable. It is against the law to reproduce or attempt reproduction of ticket. Price includes all applicable taxes. Holder assumes all risks, injury, accidental death, and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring before, during or after the event. Holder voluntarily agrees that the management, facility, participants, talent, Northern Racing Unlimited Inc, and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners, and employees are released by holder from any claims arising from such causes. Management reserves the right, without the refund of any portion of the ticket purchase price, to refuse admission or to eject any person whose conduct is deemed by management to be disorderly, who uses vulgar or abusive language or who fails to comply with these or other management rules. Event date, time, location, and talent are subject to change. Northern Racing Unlimited Inc will not be held liable for amenities promised by promoters, VIP, or otherwise. NO REFUNDS. All sales are final, unless the event is cancelled or postponed in which the holder of spectator tickets is eligible for a refund for the face value of the ticket excluding service fees. Driver registration fees are non-refundable under any circumstance. Refund request must be made within five days of the events originally scheduled date. Ticket is not replaceable under any circumstances. Any service fees are not refundable under any circumstances.
Release of Liability, Waiver, and Acknowledgements
In exchange for the spectatorship of a racing event, organized by Northern Racing Unlimited Inc., (hereinafter referred to as “NRU”), I agree for myself, for the members of my family whether they are under the age of majority, and for my guest(s) to the following.
1) I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by NRU, or the employees, representatives or agents of NRU.
2) I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the above described activity and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself, my family members, my guest(s), and further release and discharge NRU for death, dismemberment, injury, loss or damage arising out of my, my guest(s), or my family’s use of or presence upon the facilities of NRU, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, my guest(s), NRU, or other third parties.
3) I acknowledge and agree that neither will I, nor my guest(s), or my family, be intoxicated by way of alcohol, drugs, or any other form of intoxication of a mood or mind altering substance while attending the event as a spectator.
4) I recognize that absolutely no firearms or weapons of any kind are allowed at the event or appurtenant thereto.
5) I recognize and acknowledge that the advertising sponsors of this event played no role in the organization, planning or implementation of the event itself. I hereby waive and/or release any and all claims against the sponsors stemming from any wrongdoing on NRU’s behalf or otherwise associated with the event itself.
6) All photographs, still and moving, captured on the premises are property of NRU.
7) I agree to indemnify and defend NRU against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including lawyer fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from me, my guest(s), or my family’s use of or presence upon the facilities of NRU.
8) I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of NRU caused by myself, my family, or my guest(s) negligent, reckless or willful actions.
9) I agree that if requested by NRU, I will sign any further release of liability, waiver, or acknowledgement if I do so agree thereto upon request by NRU or I will not be allowed to participant in the racing event and or spectate. If any, release of liability, waiver or acknowledgement, is left unsigned, you will not be refunded your ticket cost.
10) I will abide by all posted, written, and oral communications given to me by NRU and the track owner, and shall sign any and all waivers if I do so agree thereto of the track owner. If I do not agree, then I shall not attend at the event.
11) I understand that this event is called “No Prep Mayhem”. “No Prep” means that the track was not prepared, or prepared with very little, compounds, to make tires stick to the pavement. This style of racing is a lot like street racing insofar as no preparation is done on street racing prior to street racing events. You acknowledge that a no prep event is therefore innately is even less safe than an event where a track/dragstrip has been prepared for use.
12) I, at all material times, will exercise extreme caution for the safety of myself, my family, and my guests.
13) Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under the laws of the province of Ontario.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND BY ACCEPTING THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER, AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE, AND DO HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE MY DUTIES AS A OF THE RACING EVENT. I ACCEPT THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER, AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT OR DURESS.